Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools!!!

So this year for April Fools Day I wanted to make a TRICKY dinner. First I served the one on the left. It was hot dogs, french fries, and a drink (which was really jello!). After dinner I brought out dessert. It looked just like dinner, but actually was the following:
"Hot Dog": Banana covered with peanut butter with strawberry jam and yellow frosting for condiments. It all rested in a twinkie bun.
"French Fries": Pizza dough cut to look like french fries, rolled in sugar and baked. "Ketchup" again was strawberry jam. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it! And it didn't tase half bad either.

This is a close-up of the trick. Good times!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

WOW! I'm super impressed! That's just awesome, Cami! You crack me up! And your boys are adorable!
Hope you're all doing well!

Kyle/Michelle said...

Now YOU are a good mom! I totally forgot it was April Fools and didn't do anything. Oh well. That's fantastic that Jake is graduating soon. Kyle really likes his job (most of the time:))
Good luck on the job hunting. Pediatrics right?

Brooke Coppola said...

That is funny! I did one at school: I cut E's out of brown construction paper and told the teacher on teh intercom to go ahead and get brownies. Get it? HEHE it was funny. ( I have to admit Mrs.Herman helped)

Aaron/Kami said...

That is so impressive! I love it! I might have to be sooo creative sometime and do something like that! Good job!

Cari Sorensen said...

OH WOW... Cami does it again! That is so cool! You did an amazing job, and I bet they sure were fooled! You're such a cute mommy!

Anonymous said...

what a fun idea! I'm gonna have to try that one next year....

Travis and Jamie said...

The treat really was yummy! I wish that you could have seen the boys faces when I gave them a bite of the "hot dog". It was great!