Sunday, May 3, 2009

Braden's Birthday!

Have you heard the news?

Yup, My Braden is 2! He has the shots to prove it!

I can't believe my little boy is two already! We had a small party at our house, and after opening all the gifts he played with the balloons more than anything else. Oh well.

I spent a crazy amount of time making a cake for him....a WALL*E rainbow cake. I thought I'd share a few pictures.

First the rainbow cake: It's basically just a regular cake mix with food coloring, but it turned out so cute.

Then came the decorating....I attempted to free-hand WALL*E on the cake. It was a challenge, but fun to start decorating cakes again. It makes me want to get all my own supplies of pans, tips, bags, etc....I need to play around with fondant...now all I need is some ample time.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRADEN! We're so lucky to have you in our family.

5 comments:

Cari Sorensen said...

WOW, once again you have amazed me! That cake looks awesome! You are definitely talented!
And that picture of Braden is SO adorable! I hope you had a happy happy birthday!

Diane said...

His cake looked amazing! You are one talented lady!

Travis and Jamie said...

I am very very impressed! Your a much better woman than I am. :) I found the John Stamos song on projectplaylist.com I just typed in John Stamos and there it was. I too LOVE Full House. Infact, when I babysat in Kentucky I would watch it because the family had cable. I could watch the monkeys in their enormous back yard through all the windows in the tv room. It was great!

Erin Curtis said...

Can't believe you freehanded that, Cami. You're amazing. I still remember the super layer cake you made for my 16th birthday!

kim said...

Wow Cami. You do such a great job with cakes!! Love them!